2018 Guitar, Drums, Bass Syllabus
Rockschool will be publishing Guitar, Bass, and Drums Grade books 2018-2024, (from Debut to Grade 8) in September 2018. For the new Guitar, Bass, and Drums series Rockschool has commissioned arrangements of titles reflecting rock and pop’s musical heritage in all its forms (including blues, rock, pop, soul, funk, R&B, jazz fusion, reggae, punk rock, alternative rock, grime and hip hop) and have tailored each piece to make it exactly right for the Grade.
The arrangements have been written and performed by top session musicians who have worked with some of the biggest names in rock and pop. The tracks were recorded live at Real World’s acclaimed recording studios and feature live instruments and first-rate performances for an unrivalled level of feel, authenticity, and musicianship.
- The exam structure remains exactly the same.
- The current syllabus pieces, now called ‘Rockschool Classics’, remain valid.
- Each new grade book will contain 12 songs – the 6 Rockschool Classics plus 6 new arrangements of hit songs.
- Candidates can enter exams until 2024 with the current grade books.
- There are no changes to the technical work.
- Books will be available from the AMEB online shop.
The Guitar Grade books feature tracks from classic and contemporary artists including Jimi Hendrix, Green Day, AC/DC, Nirvana, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Eric Clapton, Prince, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, Adele, Sam Smith, Beyoncé, Snarky Puppy, D’Angelo and Justin Timberlake.
The Bass Grade books feature tracks from classic and contemporary artists including U2, Talking Heads, James Brown, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Earth, Wind and Fire, Peter Gabriel, Snarky Puppy, Weather Report, Pharrell Williams, D’Angelo and Justin Timberlake.
The Drums Grade books feature tracks from classic and contemporary artists including Coldplay, Queen, Drake, Stormzy, Fugees, Toto, Stevie Wonder, Tower of Power, Billy Cobham, D’Angelo, Chase & Status and Richard Spaven.